10 AI Tools That Actually Help You Make Money Online

 

I have been in this content and ghostwriting business long enough to remember when the word "automation" made freelancers nervous. Now the word is "AI," and the nervousness has upgraded to full-blown existential panic in some corners of the internet. I understand the feeling. I h


ad it too, briefly, right before I started actually using these tools and realizing that the ones crying loudest about AI stealing income are usually the ones who have not bothered to learn how to use it properly.

Here is what I know for certain after spending the better part of the last two years integrating AI into how I run Inkrithm Writing and Editorial Services: AI does not replace the people who know what they are doing. It replaces the hours they used to waste. And for those of us building income online, whether through content, digital products, ghostwriting, freelancing, or creator businesses, those saved hours translate directly into money.

This article is not a sponsored listicle with vague tool descriptions and no real context. I am going to tell you which tools I have actually used, what I use them for, why they work, and how you can build real income streams around them. Some of these I use weekly. Some I use daily. All of them have earned their place in my stack.

Let's get into it.

1. ChatGPT: The Research and Ideation Engine You Should Stop Underestimating

Everyone uses ChatGPT. Most people use it badly.

They type in a generic prompt, get a generic response, copy and paste it somewhere, and then wonder why their content is not performing. The tool is not the problem. The lack of strategy is.

When I use ChatGPT, I am not asking it to write my articles. I am asking it to help me think faster. I use it to brainstorm topic angles I have not considered, to stress-test outlines, to generate research questions before I go digging, and to help me map out the structure of an ebook before I write a single real section. It is a thinking partner, not a ghostwriter.

For making money online, specifically, the most lucrative way to use ChatGPT is for digital product development. If you sell ebooks, courses, templates, or guides, ChatGPT can help you develop a product concept from scratch in under an hour. Not write the product, develop it. The difference matters. You bring the expertise and the voice. The tool helps you organize, expand, and pressure-test the idea before you commit hours to writing.

I once outlined an entire ebook on client acquisition in a single evening using ChatGPT to map out chapters, anticipate reader objections, and identify gaps in my original outline. The writing was mine. The speed of getting to the writing was not.

If you are selling digital products or content services, this alone is worth the subscription.

2. Claude: For Long-Form Thinking and Content That Needs Nuance

Yes, I am aware of the irony of writing about Claude in a conversation that happens to involve Claude. But that is exactly the point. I use what works.

Claude handles long-form content differently from most AI tools. It maintains context across a long conversation far more reliably, which means when I am working on a complex piece, whether that is a nuanced personal essay, a detailed guide, or a client ghostwriting project, I do not have to keep re-explaining what we are doing. The tool holds the thread.

For making money online, Claude is particularly useful for ghostwriting work. If you offer ghostwriting services, you can use Claude to generate solid first drafts in your client's voice, which you then edit, shape, and refine. This is not cheating. This is exactly what professional ghostwriters have always done with research assistants, transcription tools, and editorial partners. The work is still yours. The intelligence directing the output is still yours. The tool just makes the initial output faster.

Claude is also excellent for content strategy conversations. I have used it to think through newsletter positioning, ebook pricing structures, and content pillar development for clients. It reasons through complexity rather than just generating text, and that distinction is significant when you are building something that needs to hold up under scrutiny.

If your income depends on producing intelligent written content at volume, Claude should be in your stack.

3. Jasper: When You Need Marketing Copy That Converts

I want to be honest here. Jasper is not a tool I reach for when I want to write. It is a tool I reach for when I need to sell.

There is a difference between writing and copywriting, and Jasper was built with the second one in mind. It is trained on direct response frameworks, marketing psychology, and conversion-oriented language patterns. When I need a sales page for a new digital product, a landing page for an ebook, or ad copy for a promotional campaign, Jasper gives me a much stronger starting point than a general-purpose AI model.

The AIDA framework, PAS framework, before-and-after-bridge structure: Jasper knows these and can apply them intelligently. You still need to know what you are selling and who you are selling it to. You still need to edit for your voice. But the bones of a strong sales page can come together in 30 minutes instead of three hours.

If you sell anything online, whether services, digital products, courses, or memberships, and you spend significant time writing your own marketing copy, Jasper pays for itself quickly. The ROI is not in the writing. It is in the time you get back to do more selling.

4. Canva AI: Turning Your Content Into Visual Products

Canva has been a staple of the creator economy for years. But its AI features have quietly made it something more powerful, especially for people who want to sell visual digital products.

Canva's AI tools now include text-to-image generation, the Magic Write feature for caption and copy assistance, background removal, presentation generation from prompts, and a document-to-design conversion tool that is genuinely impressive. For someone like me who sells digital products and runs content across multiple platforms, this is significant.

Here is how this translates to income: digital planners, content calendars, prompt packs, workbooks, and lead magnets are all things people buy regularly on platforms like Gumroad, Selar, Payhip, and Whop. If you can design them well, you can sell them repeatedly with zero fulfillment effort. Canva AI dramatically reduces the design time required to create sellable, professional-looking products.

I use Canva for Pinterest graphics, product mockups, ebook covers, and promotional materials. The AI features speed up every part of that process. If design has always felt like the bottleneck between your ideas and your income, Canva AI removes that bottleneck.

5. Descript: Your Shortcut Into the Audio and Video Income Space

Let me be straightforward about why this tool matters for income specifically.

Video and audio content are monetized at higher rates than written content almost everywhere online. YouTube ad revenue, podcast sponsorships, course platforms that favor video, membership communities built on video tutorials: the money in the creator economy is still disproportionately weighted toward people who show up on camera or through a microphone.

Descript removes most of the friction from audio and video production. It transcribes automatically, lets you edit by editing the transcript rather than cutting and splicing raw footage, removes filler words in bulk, and now includes AI voice cloning so you can generate additional narration without re-recording.

If you have avoided video or podcasting because post-production felt too technical or too time-consuming, Descript makes the barrier genuinely low. And once you are producing audio or video consistently, the monetization options multiply: YouTube channel membership, podcast sponsors, paid video courses, repurposed clips for short-form platforms, and the credibility boost that leads to higher-value clients and speaking opportunities.

Join Medium for free to get updates from this writer.

I have been circling the podcast and video space for a while now, and Descript is one of the main tools I intend to use when I step into it fully. The production side no longer intimidates me the way it once did.

6. Notion AI: Building a Knowledge Business From Your Expertise

Notion itself is a productivity and knowledge management tool. Notion AI turns it into something more useful for income generation specifically.

Here is the concept that has become central to how I think about digital products: your knowledge is inventory. Every framework you have developed, every process you have refined, every lesson you have learned through years of doing the work, all of it is a sellable asset. The challenge is capturing it and packaging it in a format someone will pay for.

Notion AI helps with the capture and organization side of that. It can summarize your notes, generate structured outlines from rough thinking, help you build out templates and SOPs, and turn loosely organized knowledge into coherent content. For people who want to sell templates, build knowledge bases, or create training materials, this is directly useful.

Beyond your own products, Notion AI is also excellent for client work if you offer any kind of strategy, consulting, or operations support. Building out branded Notion workspaces for clients is a legitimate and growing service that people pay well for. The AI features make building those workspaces faster, which means you can offer more of them without burning out.

Your knowledge has always had monetary value. Notion AI just makes it easier to extract and package that value.

7. ElevenLabs: The Voice That Lets You Scale Audio Content

ElevenLabs is an AI voice generation platform, and it is genuinely impressive in a way that most text-to-speech tools have never managed to be.

The voices are natural. They carry emotion and inflection. They do not sound like a robot reading a PDF aloud. And for the income use cases I am about to describe, that distinction is everything.

The most straightforward income application is turning written content into audio products. Your existing blog posts, ebooks, and guides can become audio versions, which you can sell as add-ons or premium products. Audiobooks sell well. Audio courses sell well. People pay for the convenience of consuming content through their ears rather than their eyes, and ElevenLabs makes producing that audio content accessible without a studio setup.

A second application: content creators and course sellers use ElevenLabs to produce voiceovers for their video content, removing the need to record themselves for every lesson or promotional video. If you are camera-shy or simply producing content at a volume where recording your own voice for everything becomes impractical, AI voiceover fills that gap cleanly.

I have used ElevenLabs for audio content experiments and the quality is good enough to sell. That sentence alone should tell you everything you need to know about its income potential.

8. Writesonic: For SEO Content That Actually Drives Traffic

Here is the honest context for this one. I write for Medium, I run multiple blogs, and I understand that organic search traffic, when it works, is one of the most passive and scalable income streams available to a content creator. Ad revenue, affiliate income, and product sales all compound when driven by search traffic. The challenge is producing enough high-quality, SEO-optimized content to build that traffic without burning yourself out entirely.

Writesonic was built with that challenge in mind. It integrates SEO best practices into its content generation, which means it thinks about keyword placement, semantic relevance, and content structure as it writes. For someone building a content-heavy income strategy, this is useful.

I want to be careful not to oversell this. AI-generated SEO content still needs editing. It still needs your voice layered in. Google's algorithms are increasingly sophisticated about identifying thin, low-quality content, and publishing raw AI output with no editorial refinement is a losing strategy. But Writesonic gives you a strong SEO-aware draft that you can refine into something that actually competes for search placement.

If you monetize through display ads, affiliate links, or funneling readers into your digital products, organic search traffic is the engine. Writesonic helps you build that engine without writing every single article from a blank page.

9. Loom AI: Selling Your Expertise Through Async Video

Loom has been a popular tool for async video communication for a while. Its AI features have made it something that directly enables income, not just productivity.

Loom AI automatically generates summaries, transcripts, and key takeaways from your recordings. It can identify action items, create highlight clips, and help you turn a recorded walkthrough into a piece of content with structure and context.

For income purposes, the main use case I want to highlight is video consulting and client communication. If you offer any kind of consulting, strategy, or advisory service, Loom lets you deliver asynchronous video consultations that clients can revisit, share, and reference. You record once, the value persists.

This is particularly relevant for freelancers and service providers who want to create productized services. Instead of live coaching calls or one-to-one consulting sessions at a fixed hourly rate, you can offer recorded video audits, walkthroughs, and strategy sessions at a premium price point. The AI features make those recordings more polished and immediately usable.

I have seen content strategists, career coaches, copywriters, and brand consultants build meaningful income streams around Loom-based deliverables. The tool makes the format professional enough to charge for.

10. ChatPDF and Similar Document AI Tools: Turning Information Into Products

I am grouping a category here rather than a single tool because the field is moving fast. ChatPDF, Claude's document analysis, and similar tools all share a core function: they let you upload a document and have a conversation with it.

Why does this matter for income?

Because information arbitrage is one of the oldest and most durable ways to make money, and document AI tools make you dramatically faster at it. You can upload research papers, industry reports, long-form guides, legal documents, financial statements, or competitor content, and extract insights at a speed that was previously impossible without hours of reading.

For content creators, this means you can produce deeply researched articles, ebooks, and guides in less time. Your output quality increases because your research quality increases, and you are not spending three hours reading a 90-page report before you can write anything.

For consultants and strategists, document AI means faster analysis and more confident recommendations. For freelancers pitching to new niches, it means faster ramp-up time on unfamiliar subjects.

I have used document AI to research industries I know nothing about for client ghostwriting projects, producing work that reads like I have been embedded in that sector for years. The tool does not give me the expertise. It gives me the research foundation I need to write convincingly about it. The difference matters, and it is worth money.

The Honest Truth About AI and Making Money Online

None of these tools print money on their own. I want to be direct about that.

The people I see actually generating real income with AI tools are the ones who have a clear income model first, and then use AI to execute that model faster and better. They sell digital products and use AI to produce more of them. They offer content services and use AI to serve more clients. They build affiliate and ad-revenue content sites and use AI to produce more content. The model comes first. The tools accelerate the model.

The people who are not making money with AI are often chasing the tools themselves, looking for the magic application that will generate income without them having to have a real business underneath it. That is not how it works. It has never been how it works.

What I can tell you from building Inkrithm over nearly a decade is that the fundamentals of making money from content and knowledge have not changed. You need to produce value. You need to reach people who want that value. You need to make it easy for them to pay you for it. AI just makes each of those steps faster, cheaper, and more scalable than they have ever been before.

Pick the tools that match your income model. Learn them properly. Build the system. Then let the tools do what they were built to do.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Green book of Muammar Gaddafi